Go from zero to website launch - no prior development experience required! Through this series of 4-14 minute videos, you will learn the essentials of web development. At the course conclusion, you'll be able to build frontend experiences using modern techniques, and have a solid foundation for continuing to learn intermediate and advanced topics.
Get Early Access to the Capstone
Become an Official Patron of this project on Patreon for $3/month and get early access to the capstone course and other perks.Become an Official Patron
- The essentials: What HTML and CSS are and how to use them
- Accessibility - ensure your website is usable by visitors of all abilities (low vision, blind, motor impaired, etc.)
- Working with images and typography
- Formatting your website for mobile devices (responsive design)
- How to test your website and prepare it for different browsers
- Tips on thinking like a developer
- Using Github version control for file storage and change management
- How to publish your final website
Watch Now and Start Learning Today!
Get started by watching the intro video, and then subscribe on YouTube.
Foundations Series Schedule
The Foundations Series covers the basics of HTML and CSS and prepares you for the Capstone Project Series where you will create and launch a complete website.
All Foundations Series videos are now available as listed below, and the Capstone Project Series is nearing launch.
Ep1: Setup Your Coding Environment
Ep2: What is HTML?
Ep3: Essential HTML Element Tags
Ep4: Semantic HTML Structure
Ep5: HTML For a Blog Layout
Ep6: HTML For a Card Layout
Ep7: Accessibility Basics
Ep8: Intro to CSS
Ep9: CSS Layout and the Box Model
Ep10: Essential CSS Properties
Ep11: Understanding the CSS Cascade
Ep12: Structure and Styling Considerations for Accessibility
Ep13: CSS For A Blog Layout
Ep14: CSS For A Card Layout
Ep15: CSS and Browser Compatibilty
Ep16: Responsive Design